Casey Cozy Home

LoVe Is LiKe a FiReWoRk, It Is ExTrEmElY BeAuTiFuL WhEn It SpArKs... LeAvInG BeHiNd ThE AsH Of LoVe WhEn It DiEs... By CaSeY

Day 0:

My dream trip to Japan felt so unreal even on the day itself.

We took the A380 air bus & it was quite comfy.
I wasn't able to make any comparison as I had forgotten how the old air bus was like.

But...where was my after-meal dessert, ice-cream?
SIA cut cost?!!

We took the night flight & I had to rush home immediately after work... it was tiring.

Align CenterBut we were still able to smile happily. ^^

Took a short nap after watching the "Slumdog Millionaire" & we were woken up at around 5am (Singapore time) to have breakfast! That was real early!

However, I was glad I woke up, if not I would have miss the most beautiful sunrise ever.

Day 1:

I took my first step to practise my Japanese & it was when I was confirming with another passenger about the destination of the train we were taking. He understood what I said!
It was such a morale booster!

On the way searching for our hotel, I went to the police for help & again he understood what I was asking & gladly I could understand what he explained too!

I never felt so glad that all my my effort paid off!

After checking in the hotel, we set off to Ikebukuro.

Oh my! I felt a bit regret that I should have chosen the Ikebukuro branch of my hotel.

The guys there were so....... CUTE!!! *drooling*

We met a friendly uncle & his cute doggie while we were walking along the Ikebukuro street. His dog was so cute that made us went over to chat with him. It was because of that rain that we bidded sayonara to them.

Our best meal of that day was the "unexpected finding" of a small soba/udon shop.
The meal wasn't expensive & the shop did not have any high class decoration but it was comfortable & its soba/udon was so unforgettably delicious!

Day 2:

The area that we stayed at was very interesting though two of my friends were so scared.
We stayed at Shinjuku but it was near the red light district.
Don't miss understood, it wasn't the ladies who were servicing the men....

It was a street where the men service the lonely ladies so I felt it was ok as there wasn't any weird uncles around that area.

Those patronizing the men are lonely ladies so it wasn't that scary at all & the men there were "beautiful", as if they had just popped out from anime!

However, away from the red light district, on the other side of Shinjuku was the busy shopping district & one of Tokyo's busiest train station.

Look out for the Matcha Ice-cream shop at the train station. It was yummy! I love it!

I love matcha!

We met another friendly uncle who was laughing at us when we were busy taking photos in the train.
Hence, we asked him to join us & he agreed immediately!
He looked so cute with the peace sign. LOL

At Roppongi, we came across a pet shop & it was many many times better than Singapore ones.

Obviously the animals there were cuter & instead of lying on the mash metal plate, the animals were lying on the comfy mat.

Japan is such a dog friendly country!
The dogs are allowed to board the train, allowed to walk on the streets with no one screaming out loud when they saw them & the best thing is they are allowed to go shopping in shopping mall with their owners!!!

Singapore?! Sighz ~ Forget it!

On our way to Roppongi Hill, we met a Japanese man, carrying a baby & leashing a Shiba Inu!!
Shiba Inu!!! It was so cute!

The man was so friendly as we approached him if we could pat his dog.

A good Japanese husband waiting for his beautiful ex_SIA's stewardess wife, who was busy buying something.

Karen was impressed & fell in love with Roppongi.

Roppongi was really classy. ^^

Day 3:

On a Sunday morning, every guidebook will tell you to head straight to Harajuku.

We did.

I love Harajuku's train station.


No chance to cosplay but it was my first time seeing people cosplaying.
Though not what I was expecting but at least better than nothing.

They were gathering there & tourists were taking pictures of them as if they were some exhibits but some didn't mind though some rejected photo taking.

We went to the wrong direction & couldn't find Meiji-Jingu.
We saw some obasans & we went forward to ask for direction.

Amusingly, they were lost & were looking for Meiji-Jingu too!
At Meiji-Jingu, we were lucky to be able to witness three wedding couples having their traditional ceremony there.
Their traditional wedding ceremony was so quiet & we were not used to it but it was such an eye-opening event.

At Harajuku, the snacks that must not missed there is their CREPES!!
Delicious!

There were plenty of stores selling crepes in Harajuku & we decided to try this store.

We spotted a shop selling pets' accessories.
Big sized dog costumes can be easily found in Japan & all the designs are soooooo cute!
I have never seen a dog's costume for big dogs selling here in Singapore. *sad*
How I wish my Happie is willing to wear this bumble bee costume.

A nice ramen shop we discovered at Shibuya & we saw they have another branch at Shinjuku too.
All the ramen they sell over there were not cheap but seems kinda popular as we could find signatures all over their walls.

Worth the try, you won't regret.

Day 4:

Getting out of the city life, we were heading towards Hakone, with the hope to see Fuji-san if we have the fate.
The cute train captain was so shy to take the photo with us. Hee hee.

Fuji-san!! My first sight of her was inside the cable car & it was spectacular!!
I couldn't control my excitement at all!
She was soooo beautiful ^0^
I wanna reach that summit one day.

On our way to our hotel, we spotted a small shop selling ice-cream.
We were so excited that we found something so nice!
The black sesame ice-cream was really yummy!
I miss it so much!
They even have the sakura flavor but too bad it was out-of-stock.

Our first time sleeping in a Japanese tatami room.
Though at first the room reminded me of Sadako but during the night I was too exhausted to remember anything.
Nothing could wake me up anyway & who cares about Sadako!
If she happens to disturb my beauty sleep, I'll be the one who's cursing her.

We went to the Gotemba Premium Outlet & on our way there, we met a very cool guy.
I talked to him! haha asking for direction only but it was enough.
He was cool but we saw him smoking ... It's bad for health, Mr Cool Guy!

Gotemba was not really for me cos it's a place with all the expensive stuffs but I was glad I went as the view of Fuji-san was breathtaking over there.
However, our fate with Fuji-san was not that strong as the weather was kinda foggy.

We held a meeting for about 30 minutes on how we should shower & jump into the hotspring with minimal awkwardness.

The hot spring experience was funny but it was fun & unforgettable.
Nobody had expected the hot spring to be that hot!

Day 5:

After a good night sleep on the futon, we headed to the dining room for breakfast.
On my way to the dining room, we passed by the main door & I was walking last, I happened to notice the main door was moving slighly with no one around. Out of curiousity, I went over, wanting to close it completely, suddenly the door was opened by a guy.
I was startled but he looked at me & my friends strangely & started to tell us that he had seen us before.
Unbelievably that we had stayed at the same hotels, both at Toyko & Hakone!
To be staying at the same hotels at two areas & at the same time, I guessed it does not happen easily since there are so many hotels in Tokyo & Hakone!
He came to Japan with his mum from Taiwan & we decided to travel together for that day.
I still wonder if that door didn't move that morning....

With him around, taking group photos were so much easier.
However I felt so awkward around him as my friends were pushing me to him! Sighz~

We took the pirates ships...

enjoyed the sea breeze or should be cold breeze...

went to the shrine & saw the torii...
& went to the sulfuric spring to eat the famous black eggs which could extend your life for 7 years per egg....

it's milky colour.


Day 6:

The day I was waiting for!
We managed to get the tickets at 200 yen cheaper each! Wooo hooo!
I felt like a child again. The money spent on the ticket was worth it ^^
I love Disneyland!

Pooh was so cute!

Pluto! I love its paws...
Reminded me of my doggies

Gin's favourite character!
His beak hit my face when I was trying to adjust my position! *ouch*

Captain Jack wannabe.. I still prefer my Johnny Depp.

& I was the Minnie-wannabe! LOL

Trying so hard to act cute...

This colour suited my clothes so well LOL

We had the Mickey pizza for lunch that day.
It looked like a kid's meal but it was yummy!

We had Mickey's ice-cream too! hee hee

Orange flavour.. nice.
We were lucky to get a very nice spot for the parade!

Went crazy waving at the performers. They were so close.

Had one of the Disney staff to take photos with us when we were about to head back to hotel.
Why is my face so red? I can't remember why I was laughing so hard.

Day 7:

Our tedious day.
The day we had to move hotel from Shinjuku to Ueno.
It was a tough journey with additional luggages from our busy shopping trips.

Along the street of Yanaka, we spotted an elementary school.
In that school, there was this little boy that caught our attention.
He was gorgeous!

Honestly, I think photo doesn't do any justice to him.
He was many times more cuter in real person!

I love their school bags & I heard it cost about SGD300+++ for one of that.

The famous Asakusa Shrine.

Decided to draw a lot.


Lot no. 99


ho ho ho! It was the Best Fortune!
I wonder when will it be realized.
It has been weeks since I came back from Japan..hmmmm...


Remember to spot our photo at one of Ueno arcade where Julian got the first prize & we were lucky to take the picture together with him.


Day 8:

Random photo at one of the cafe which we decided to condemn it.
It sucks! Both service & menu sucks!

Odaiba was beautiful.
Will people mistook that we went to New York?

It sure look like we were at New york huh.

Sunset by the sea with Statue of Liberty 2


Venus Fort mall with the blue sky painted on the ceiling...you will forget it's night night when you are there.


Day 9:

Last full day to enjoy.
Sad to leave Japan but have to.

We went to Akihabara & I was expecting to see only otakus there but I could only find a few otakus. To my surprised, I saw some cute guys in the figuring shops! They didn't look like otakus at all.

My dinner that night was bought from the convenience shop.
I didn't expect too much from it, just wanna try it out.
Unexpectedly, it was delicious!


Day 10:

Time to say goodbye... but
I'll be back Japan!

Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. ~ Francis Bacon, Sr

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I love travelling and I have a long bucket list to fulfill

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.